Hume Community Housing is a provider of a range of tenancy, property management and support services to individuals and families in Western Sydney. Hume works to provide high quality homes and holistic, equitable services to its customers, along with nurturing the potential of all its valued team members.
At Hume we offer a variety of interesting roles and career options. Benefits of working for Hume include:
- Above award salaries
- Flexible work practices
- Parking at no cost to staff
- Salary packaging ($16,050 tax free component of salary package due to PBI status)
- Study leave and financial support for a range of courses related to Hume’s objectives
- Maternity, parental and adoption leave provisions
- Various ongoing training opportunities
- Career development opportunities
If you want to advance your career in an award winning, best practice Housing provider then please email your resume to Carly Jones, Executive Assistant at email@example.com and we will contact you when we have a vacancy. Any current vacancies will be listed below.
2 x Non-Executive Directors
Founded in 1994 as a not-for-profit company, limited by guarantee Hume Housing is a registered Class 1 Community Housing Provider with strong community links, solid local relationships and extremely innovative housing programs in Western Sydney.
With an annual turnover of over $20m Hume Housing is a modern, sustainable and versatile organisation with capacity to address both customer and business outcomes, including:
- Enhance the lives of its customers and enable them to maintain sustainable tenancies
- Innovate and develop new housing and responsive service models which benefit people on lower incomes who are in housing stress;
- Leverage its assets and undertake property development
Hume is seeking to appoint 2 x Non-Executive Directors for our Board. Hume has a skills based board and has, through analysis and self-assessment, identified specific skills that would bring value to the organisation as Hume enters another phase of growth. The areas of expertise being sought are:
- Property Development
As a director at Hume, you’ll play a critical role alongside other Non-Executive Directors and the Executive Team, in the strategic leadership of the business.
To be considered for this role:
- You'll have the personal traits and skills to communicate and work collaboratively with other Board members and the Executive Team in a constructive, challenging and supportive manner.
- You will have the capacity to use networks and contacts to increase the organisation's standing
- You are a critical and innovative thinker
- You are looking for an opportunity to create a difference in the lives of individuals and improve communities.
The position remuneration is $5000.00 per annum in addition to travel expense reimbursement. The Board meets on the 3rd Tuesday of every month from 5.30 pm in our offices in Parramatta, as well as virtual board room opportunities. It is anticipated that your commitment will be the equivalent of 1 to 1.5 days per month
Hume’s vision is to ‘create vibrant, sustainable and cohesive communities through the delivery of outstanding homes and equitable services.’
If you are interested in assisting us to achieve this vision, please send your resume with a covering letter outlining your relevant experience to HR Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Hume and its services, you can visit our website www.humecha.com.au
If you wish to discuss the position prior to application please contact C.E.O. Nicola Lemon on 02 9722 4302