Hume Community Housing is a provider of a range of tenancy, property management and support services to individuals and families in Western Sydney. Hume works to provide high quality homes and holistic, equitable services to its customers, along with nurturing the potential of all its valued team members.
At Hume we offer a variety of interesting roles and career options. Benefits of working for Hume include:
- Above award salaries
- Flexible work practices
- Parking at no cost to staff
- Salary packaging ($16,050 tax free component of salary package due to PBI status)
- Study leave and financial support for a range of courses related to Hume’s objectives
- Maternity, parental and adoption leave provisions
- Various ongoing training opportunities
- Career development opportunities
If you want to advance your career in an award winning, best practice Housing provider then please email your resume to Lisa Ellis, Quality Assurance & Business Services Manager at email@example.com and we will contact you when we have a vacancy. Any current vacancies will be listed below.
Customer Service Officer Part-time position / 28 hours
Hume Community Housing Association is a Class 1 housing provider located in Fairfield LGA, providing housing in over 7 local government areas. We provide social, emergency, transitional, supported and Affordable housing options to a diverse group of people including CALD, aged, singles, families and people with complex needs.
Hume seeks to increase housing options available to people in our emergency, transitional and supported housing streams.
Hume is looking to employ a talented and innovative thinker to join our Customer Services Team. The role is part-time, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9am to 5pm.
Are you working in the Customer Service Industry in a role that provides you with transferable skills?
Do you enjoy interacting with the public, do you have exceptional communication and planning skills and are able to multi-task a variety of duties?
You will have relevant qualifications and experience and a desire to provide exceptional service to our customers.
To apply, submit your CV and a covering letter detailing fully how you meet the requirements of the post (address the key accountabilities in the position description).
For an application pack email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 13th May 2013 - 5pm
Initial Interviews: Friday 17h May 2013
Transitional Housing Team Leader
The Sustainable Communities and Partnerships team is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Team Leader to join the Transitional Housing Team.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, high achiever who can demonstrate how they have delivered great results in a previous leadership role with a commitment to excellent service delivery to customers.
The role is responsible for ensuring the team delivers quality tenancy management and support to customers presenting with complex needs to achieve stable housing. This is achieved by providing excellent team management, coaching and support to the Homelessness Prevention & Support Officers, completing regular 121’s, performance reviews and ensuring all team members are operating in a safe and productive environment.
In addition to the management and leadership responsibilities, the Team Leader will have a portfolio of properties and customers to manage and support with the goal of transitioning customers into stable housing.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Team leadership
- Tenancy management; sign ups, renewals and terminations
- Proven ability to implement and improve tenancy processes in a housing environment
- Working with team to increase customers’ ability to sustain a tenancy
- Customer satisfaction
- Budget and income recovery management
- Asset maintenance
- Supporting the team resolve escalated customer complaints and overseeing CTTT cases
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role and/or 1 year’s experience managing a team
All interested parties would be required to complete an application that would include the following:
- A cover letter
- Addressing the Key Accountabilities ( in position description)
- Provide resume
- 2 professional referees
Applications close on by 5.00pm, Monday 6 May 2013
- All applications are to be forwarded to email@example.com to receive an Application Pack
- Interviews are planned for the week starting the 20 May.
- Any questions can be forwarded to Stella Hristias