Partner with us
Hume's Strategic Plan provides the drive and direction for our service delivery and program growth. A key goal guiding our partnerships program is to create vibrant, sustainable and cohesive communities with objectives, which state:
- to effectively promote community housing services to all agencies operating in the communities we service, in order to achieve multi agency collaboration
- to build current partnerships and seek different avenues of partnerships working to develop strong and positive relationships
- to ensure a cohesive approach to service delivery within a community that seeks to deliver equality of opportunity and outcomes for residents, reducing disadvantage that arise as a result of where someone lives.
Hume has been successfully working towards this goal through the delivery of a range of programs and the development of key partnerships with organisations with a similar ethos for ensuring communities are well resourced and vulnerable individuals supported by providing housing and services catering to their individual needs.
Hume is committed to working with specialist homelessness services, respecting their expertise, whilst providing our skills and sharing our knowledge and social housing services to ensure a responsive program.
How our partnerships work
Guided by a Service Agreement, Hume provides fixed term appropriate housing options either from our capital stock or through the Leasehold Subsidy Program. Hume’s responsibilities can include:
- tenancy management
- collecting rents
- managing bonds
- maintenance assessment and responsive services
- asset management
- providing resources and support for the tenant to understand their rights and responsibilities
- social housing eligibility assessment and advice on products and services
- case management meeting attendance or reports provided on the status of the tenancy.
Hume is developing a suite of partnership services, which includes:
- expertise in asset management – scoping works for the upgrade of a property, managing contractors and the provision of maintenance services
- support and resourcing to assist through the registration process
- NSW Consumer and Trader Tribunal support, advice and action
- tenancy management to support the sign up process, monitoring and property inspection.
To open, view and print PDF files, you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is available free from the