Registered NDIS Provider

I'm looking for a home

We provide three main types of housing:

  • social housing
  • affordable housing
  • transitional housing.

Our short online survey will direct you to the application for the type of housing that best suits you. You can start the survey on the Apply for a home page.

Social housing is for people on low to moderate incomes who can't afford the rent in the private market. Rent for these homes is based on your income.

Social housing is managed by community organisations like Hume as well as by Housing NSW. You only need to make one application to go on the waiting list for social housing looked after by any of these organisations.

Who is eligible?

To be eligible for social housing you must:

  • be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident
  • be living in NSW
  • be able to provide ID
  • have a household income within set limits
  • not own property that could help you with your housing needs
  • be able to keep paying your rent and looking after your home with or without help
  • usually, be at least 18 years old.

To apply for social housing, you need to complete these forms on the Housing Pathways website:

Once you have completed your application forms, please post or take them into one of our offices.

Household income limits

Household income limits for social housing depend on the number of adults and children living in your home. When your application is received your income limit as a household will be worked out.

Affordable housing is to help people who are working but are earning low to moderate incomes and are finding it difficult to pay the amount of rent being asked in the private market.

If you are eligible you can apply for homes that are advertised or go on our waiting list.

Our list of homes available for rent is on the Available for rent page.

You can also find our properties for rent on:

Who is eligible?

To be eligible for affordable housing you must:

  • be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident
  • live in NSW
  • be able to provide ID
  • have a household income within set limits
  • not own property that could help you with your housing needs.

Household income limits

Your gross annual household income must fall within the following table.

Household Composition Initial household income limit ($) Existing tenant income limit ($)

One adult



Two adults



Three adults 87,455 109,319

Four adults



Sole parent with one child



Sole parent with two children



Sole parent with three children



Couple with one child



Couple with two children 101,371 126,714
Couple with three children 117,806 147,258

To apply for affordable housing please complete an application form and send it back to us with proof of your income and identification.

You can email your form to, post it to Level 1 119 The Crescent, Fairfield NSW 2165 or bring it into one of our offices.

Housing independence is a short-term program that helps people without a home get ready to live in stable housing.

Homes are offered on a three-month lease to start with and there is a maximum stay of 12 months.

The program helps customers to:

  • build up a good rental history
  • cut back debts
  • learn how to sustain a tenancy
  • access support services.

Who is eligible?

  • Are you without a home or about to become homeless?
  • Is someone in your household over 18 years of age?
  • Do you have a regular income or income support?
  • Are you happy to follow the policies and procedure of the program?
  • Do you agree to work with Hume staff and other support organisations?

How do I apply?

You can refer yourself, or a government or non-government organisation can refer you.

If you would like to apply please complete the Housing Independence Program form

For further information contact us on (02) 9722 4300 and press Option 2 or email us at   


To open, view and print PDF files, you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is available free from the
Adobe website.